August 4, 2011

Update

Early morning of hole 16
The golf course is in great playing condition.  The weather has consistently been around 70 degrees.  If you are looking for a good time to come play Sandpines, this is it.  I performed a course evaluation on Wednesday (that's just a fancy way of saying I played golf).  I don't get out and play as often as I would like, so it was fun to get out and see first hand how the course was playing.  My game was not as rusty as I expected.  In fact, I had my best round at Sandpines with a 74!


Sandpines wildlife
The greens were verticut and top dressed this week.  Fairways were fertilized.  We also spent some time draining wet areas using our unique cup cutter aeration technique.  For more information on our unique drainage techniques, check out my November 9th, 2010 blog post.


Cup cutter aeration