March 2, 2012

12 green soaking up some sun

The weather really varied this week. We saw frost, hail, wind, rain, clouds, and sun. Luckily we escaped without snow. Currently its sunny, and the short term forecast looks pretty good. It should be a great weekend to golf at Sandpines. Tee times are going quick, so call the golf shop (541 997-1940) and get signed up.

Bald Eagle in a snag over looking the lake on holes 4 and 5

I felt fortunate to get this shot of a Bald Eagle against such a beautiful blue sky. However, I feel our birds of prey at Sandpines are taunting me a bit with these wonderful opportunities. I am sure these birds must know I  have been agonizing over whether or not to buy a fancy digital single-lens reflex (dslr) camera. In fact, I did some heavy duty internet research on dslr's the night before this particular photo opportunity. The dslr's are very nice, but they are also very expensive. I am still on the fence. In the mean time, I got hold of a dslr style camera (not a true dslr) that belongs Sandpines with a much bigger lens than the current camera I have been using for blog pictures. I hope to try it out in the near future.


Hopefully this camera can help me get some better pictures

The greens were top dressed on Monday. The rain on Tuesday washed the sand in nicely, and the greens are rolling great. We spent some time cleaning up tree debris that was distributed by the wind. We also edged and raised some sprinkler heads. The tidying up of the gravel paths was continued. The green surrounds were spotted mowed this afternoon as needed. The cleaning out of the parking lot drains at the clubhouse was finished (much to the excitement of Matt).

Matt cleaning out a parking lot drain