February 22, 2013


Jerry removing dew on 8 green

This week hole locations were changed twice, and are scheduled to be changed again on Saturday. The greens were walk mowed once, and dew was removed with a dew brush multiple days. The greens are scheduled to be mowed again on Sunday. Bunkers were raked. The tees were mowed, and the tee divots were filled. Tee yardage markers were edged. Sprinkler heads around the greens were edged. Cart path edging was continued, and is still on going.


My table at the Melrose Academy breakfast

As I mentioned in my last post, my trip to the GCSAA Conference in San Diego was fantastic. Above is a picture from the Melrose Leadership Academy breakfast that took place on February 5th. I had the good fortune to sit at the table with four fellow Melrose Academy class attendees, Sandy Queen (GCSAA President), Rhett Evans (CEO of GCSAA), and Ken Melrose (man whose gift made the Melrose Leadership Academy possible). Mr. Melrose delivered an inspiring speech about the importance of philanthropy.

After breakfast, and two of the seminars I mentioned in my last post, It was time for the Opening Night Celebration (which ironically is not held on the first night of the conference). The celebration featured Major Dan Rooney. The video below does a great job explaining Rooney's importance in the golf industry.